Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Random Wednesday

So that whole running thang hasn't taken hold as much as I've intended. Reasons being: I'm busy, I'm busy, and...I'm busy. Actually, I just finished a final for my online class this semester yesterday, so now I have more FREE! TIME! I'll get back on the bandwagon, promise. Also, I took the weekend off from running to insanely deep clean my house. I probably burned more calories than I would have on a run since I cleaned for SIX HOURS (including scrubbing my floors, hands-and-knees-Cinderella-style) and my house looks incredible. So there.

I've been neglecting my corner of the blogosphere, I know this. But maybe now I'll have some time to think up some good posts and maybe, you know, find some people to read the blog. Oh well.

This week I will likely get a letter in the mail stating whether I've been accepted into the nursing program at the school I want to attend in the fall. Yesterday was their admissions committee meeting, and I was hyperventilating throughout the day knowing that my fate was being decided. I honestly don't know what to expect. (Getting into nursing programs is harder than you'd think. The average GPA for the new class at another local school was 3.8. Yes, that is the AVERAGE.) So yesterday I spent some time trying to breathe and also trying to think about what I might do if I don't get in, which is totally a possibility and I've accepted that and I'm okay with it. I know I'll figure stuff out, and I think I have a semi-good backup plan. In the meantime, I'm trying to focus on positive, fun things like the upcoming wedding I'm standing up in and my sister's graduation. Not dealing with the what-ifs. I just can't wait to get The Letter!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously...what's our deal? Running sucks - I think that's what the problem is.

    I had no idea you wanted to go into nursing. My RL bestie is a nurse and occasionally blogs about it: http://rachellelaughs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete