Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Rising above the lameness

So, here are a couple things that aren't so lame about me. Just so we're clear about the fact that I'm not a total disgrace.

1st - I have managed to keep somewhat abreast of the mess and clutter that is my home, especially with having 3 dogs around. I cannot even comprehend what it will be like to have kids. The dogs are just...messy. There have been bodily fluids of all sorts spewing around my house, not to mention that we've been feeding the puppy and the new boy inside, and they are both messy. Yikes. But--my kitchen counters are at least relatively clean and I swept the floor yesterday. There. That's it. That's my big accomplishment.

2nd - Yesterday I started The Fitnessista's Summer Shape Up. I've desperately wanted to get into a new workout routine...specifically P90x, because I like someone on TV telling me what to do, but most workout videos are either too short or too long or too easy or too boring. But P90x costs a buttload. So I've got to motivate myself but at least I've got a program to follow. Today is Day 2 for me: 30 minutes of sweaty cardio. I can totally do that. And it's been a long time since I've gotten reeeaally sweaty. Lately mostly it's just been lots of leisurely walks with the dogs, so I'm looking forward to this!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the summer shape up, that sounds like a great project! :)

    ReplyDelete